[zanog-discuss] vote in the upcoming afrinic elections.

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Fri May 28 12:15:08 SAST 2021

On 27 May 2021, at 16:05, Andrew Alston wrote:

hi andrew,

> The only reason I am responding to this is because, Nishal, sorry, I
> have to disagree with you – we do not empower AfriNIC through the
> PDP – because the PDP is fundamentally broken, since it is very
> obvious to anyone who understands the definition of rough consensus
> that that is not what is followed on the PDP.  Participation in the
> PDP these days simply means that you pick a side and the side that
> shouts the loudest eventually wins out – irrespective of sanity or
> actual concerns or what is in the best interests of the industry.

the PDP has inherent mechanisms for self-correction.  i think one such
important step was taken, by the removal of the proven inexperienced
previous co-chairs.  and yes, more needs to happen, and i am hopeful it
will.  what it needs are individuals willing to act on those.

and that’s where we differ andrew;  i am way less doom-and-gloom about
the future  :-)

stay safe,
-n.