[zanog-discuss] vote in the upcoming afrinic elections.

Paul Wollner paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net
Tue May 25 13:01:51 SAST 2021

Apologies for starting a new thread, but I was not subscribed to the list.

In regards to Jaco's statement, I would like to reiterate my statement that I submitted at the time.

This was not a case of IP hijacking, a third party, not related to myself or my business, in error used the MacroLan ASN number. At that stage I was no longer with MacroLan (now SEACOM). As mentioned before, SEACOM / MaroLan failed to remove the respective IRR entries when the customer left and this caused the confusion later down the line when the 3rd party advertised the prefix.

As I have not seen the off list communications, I cannot comment on that.

I am not looking to use this platform to rally votes in my favour, or speak negatively of others, however I feel that I have been in this industry long enough and I now finally am in a position where I have enough free time to dedicate to the community to make a difference. I have nothing against Mark and I feel that he is a strong candidate and I feel that either of us will do a great job. Mark has sat in this position before and I think it is time for new blood.

Regards

Paul Wollner