[zanog-discuss] Cloud Innovation Displays Very Poor, If Not Criminal, Netizenship

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun May 10 00:18:00 SAST 2020

On 9/May/20 17:26, Nishal Goburdhan via zanog-discuss wrote:

> so stale routing objects, are a bad thing, eh?  if only there was some
> annoying system/person that would routinely send us reminders to ch..
> ooooooohhhh!!!
>
> —n.
>
> ps.  s/o to the vox team, who have done a fantastic job of cleaning
> up, not just their address space, but working with their clients to do
> the same.

The IRR has, generally, been known to not be so great at being either
securely authoritative or having correct information. Hence all the
clean-up happening across the Internet.

Pertinent to this case, this object could not be deleted manually by
SEACOM through the MyAFRINIC portal. We have had to get AFRINIC involved.

All of that being said, the IRR does not automatically configure eBGP,
as you rightly pointed out earlier. People do.