[zanog-discuss] WACS service interruption / Whatsapp

Don Jolley donald.jolley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 05:56:00 SAST 2020

Hi Mondli
I dont think the WACS outage would cause whatsapp issues. Telkom/Openserve is generally dead in the water without the WACS and SAT3 cables so affecting all sorts of things.
Other providers affected include Afrihost and MTN for international capacity.
Not sure on vodacom as I have not tested from their network

Cheers
Don\