[zanog-discuss] Webinar Invitation - Securing the Internet Routing table using IRR, RPKI and PeeringDB

Don Jolley donald.jolley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 11:49:03 SAST 2019

thanks Patrick
I wasnt able to attend hence me asking if it was recorded.
Do you perhaps have a link to the recording?

Regards
Donald

> On 22 Nov 2019, at 10:19, Patrick Holahan <patrickh at tenet.ac.za> wrote:
>
> Yes, and if you attended, a post-attendance survey/links were sent out. Not sure about them disseminating the information generally, but I can’t see why they wouldn’t
>
> Regards
> Patrick Holahan (TENET)
> Mobile: +27(79)523-5555 Fault Reporting: +27(21)763-7147 <mailto:+27(21)763-7147> or support at tenet.ac.za <mailto:support at tenet.ac.za>
>

> From: zanog-discuss <zanog-discuss-bounces at lists.nog.net.za <mailto:zanog-discuss-bounces at lists.nog.net.za>> on behalf of Don Jolley via zanog-discuss <zanog-discuss at lists.nog.net.za <mailto:zanog-discuss at lists.nog.net.za>>
> Reply to: Don Jolley <donald.jolley at gmail.com <mailto:donald.jolley at gmail.com>>
> Date: Friday, 22 November 2019 at 09:57
> To: <training at afrinic.net <mailto:training at afrinic.net>>
> Cc: <zanog-discuss at lists.nog.net.za <mailto:zanog-discuss at lists.nog.net.za>>
> Subject: Re: [zanog-discuss] Webinar Invitation - Securing the Internet Routing table using IRR, RPKI and PeeringDB
>
> Hi
> Was this recorded by any chance?
>
> Kind Regards
> Donald Jolley
>

>> On 15 Nov 2019, at 08:54, Capacity building AFRINIC via zanog-discuss <zanog-discuss at lists.nog.net.za <mailto:zanog-discuss at lists.nog.net.za>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>> Routing outages or attacks – such as hijacking, leaks, and spoofing – happen every day on the Internet and lead to a range of problems, including stolen data, lost revenue, reputational damage, and more.
>> These incidents are global in scale, with one operator’s routing problems cascading to impact others.
>> There are several tools, best practices, and recommendations to help make sure that we reduce the number and impact of such incidents.
>> In this webinar, we are going to describe how IRR, RPKI, and PeeringDB can be used to address the problem partially.
>> We are going to cover the following topics
>>> 1. Understanding the Internet Routing Registries(IRRs)
>>> 2. Objects(Aut-num, Route/Route6, As-set) used in the IRRs
>>> 3. Understanding the Resource Public Key Infrastructure(RPKI)
>>> 4. Applying and getting a BPKI certificate
>>> 5. Route Origin Authorization (ROA) used in RPKI
>>> 6. Using an RPKI validator