[Zanog-discuss] Someone pissed on Mark's battery

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Aug 13 08:49:25 SAST 2019

On 13/Aug/19 08:41, Ronald Bartels via zanog-discuss wrote:

> Very similar to these guys from Finland:
> https://www.creanord.com/products/creanode-3000-centralized-performance-probe.html

We operated, I think, the largest cluster of Ookla speed test servers on
a single African network between 2014 - 2017 across Africa.

We quickly learned that since this is, basically, a public service to
the whole world, the real-world usefulness quickly fades.

We re-purposed those servers for something a lot more noteworthy.