[Kznnog-discuss] FTTH/ADSL RETAIL TO ISP X MIGRATIONS

Ajay Rooplall ajay at xtranetsa.com
Fri Aug 31 11:26:39 SAST 2018

The issue here is due to what Vikash has pointed out, Telkom retail run their voice on the FTTH

whereas ISP’s cant, hence this requirement, and if there is an existing voice service on the line,
it won’t be possible to do the migration.

I don’t think this will change until Telkom retail unbundles the voice portion on FTTH as a separate

service that they can provide the client directly with the data portion going via the clients chosen ISP

like the ADSL / Voice services are separated at the moment on a single physical line.

I am always up for a good fight, but the odd’s are against us getting anywhere with this and I have already

complained to my service managers about this.

Ajay Rooplall

General Manager

0871 550 900 | 083 381 3331
www.xtranet.co.za |  <mailto:ajay at xtranetsa.com> ajay at xtranetsa.com

Suite 131, Third Floor, Block 1, Island Office Park,
35/37 Island Circle, Riverhorse Valley, 4017