[Kznnog-discuss] First Gettogether

Edrich de Lange edd at delcon.biz
Fri Nov 17 12:31:44 SAST 2017

Our First get together went Fairly well! about 40 people from various parts
of the industry came and some from as far afield as Cape Town!

It was agreed we will have events every quarter, in a very similar format
to the one we had last night. eg some technical talks, and a good load of
social! Thank you to Seacom who sponsored our drinks and snacks, and the
lovely venue provided by Point yacht club.

We started off with an announcement of the Quad9.net project. You can see
the presentation here. Simply, quad9 is a public DNS resolver with some
very very nifty security features. -> Quad9 Intro
<https://kznnog.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Quad9-Intro-detailed.pdf>

Donald then gave us a chat about his recent visit to Afpif, and also a
discussion about why you should peer in more places!.

We finished off with a technical talk about tracerouter, which was borrowed
from nanog. You can download the full presentation here
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog47/presentations/Sunday/RAS_Traceroute_N47_Sun.pdf>
.

We hope to see you all at the next event! We are aiming for end of
Jan/Early feb and to have it after a daytime workshop. Details to follow.

If anyone has any suggestions on Future talks, or other ideas for
workshops, let us know!

Kind regards
[image: Inline image 1]